Click here... to join the IRB listserv and receive occasional announcements about changes to forms, policies and training opportunities.
We follow the WSU main campus holiday schedule and emergency closures.
Federal Wide Assurance
Wayne State University operates its Human Research Protection Program under a Federal Wide Assurance (FWA) on file with the Office for Human Research Protection with identification number: FWA 00002460. This registration can be accessed by typing in "Wayne State U" at this website: http://ohrp.cit.nih.gov/search/fwasearch.aspx?styp=bsc.
Individually Registered IRB Committee Numbers:
IRB00006856 is for PH1- Medical
IRB00000325 is for M1- Medical adult
IRB00000326 is for MP2- Medical and Pediatric
IRB00000327 is for B3- Social, Behavioral, Education, and
IRB00000328 is for MP4- Medical and Pediatric
This FWA covers the WSU IRBs and its affiliated health care institutions (Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Receiving Hospital/University Health Center, Sinai-Grace Hospital, Harper University Hospital, Huron Valley/Sinai Hospital, Hutzel Women's Hospital, Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan, John D. Dingell Veterans Administration Medical Center, Michigan Orthopedic Surgery Hospital, and Oakwood Healthcare System).
For questions, concerns or suggestions regarding the Human Research Protection Program, please call (313) 577-1628.
- IRB Training Session: When Does Research Require IRB Review?
- September 22 2014 at 10:00 AMIRB Administration OfficeIRB Training Sessions are open to all students, faculty and all affiliated staff. Learn the definition of research requiring IRB review and the kinds of research that may not require IRB review. Learn about the tool to request a determination about whether a project requires review. Note, that in most cases, these determinations should be made by the IRB/IRB Administration Office. When: Monday, September 22, 2014, 10:00 am –11:00 pmWhere: IRB Administration Office, 87 East Canfield, 2nd Floor, Conference RoomSpeaker: Ray-Nitra Pugh, Education Coordinator, IRB Administration Office
- PAD Seminar: Insights for Successful Foundation Funding
- October 2 2014 at 1:00 PM5057 WoodwardThe offices of the Vice President for Research, Provost, and Faculty Affairs (School of Medicine) are pleased to offer the Professional and Academic Development seminar series for WSU faculty, chairs & directors, postdoctoral trainees & graduate students, and administrators. Seminars are free, but registration is required. This seminar, Insights for Successful Foundation Funding, will take place Thursday, October 2, 2014, 1-2:30 p.m. at 5057 Woodward, 6th Floor, Conference Room A. Topics will include: How to find foundation funding Meeting foundations' mission statements Building a relationship with your foundation program officer And more! The moderator will be Heidi Coates, director of Foundation Relations. Speakers will include Julianne Bjarnesen, senior Foundation Relations officer, and Julie Burtch, Foundation Relations officer. We hope to see you there!
- IRB Training Session: Submitting New Research for IRB Review
- October 3 2014 at 12:00 PMState HallIRB Training Sessions are open to all students, faculty and affiliated staff interested in learning about IRB review of research. Learn the requirements for new full board, expedited and exempt review submissions. The session will cover how to identify which forms to complete, what information to include on the forms, what other research related documents to submit and how to avoid common submission errors. When: Friday, October 3, 2014, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Where: WSU Main Campus, State Hall, Room 331 Speaker: Ray-Nitra Pugh, Education Coordinator, IRB Administration Office
- IRB Training Session: Continuations - How to Renew IRB Approval of Research Prior to Expiration
- October 7 2014 at 3:00 PMScott HallIRB Training Sessions are open to all students, faculty and affiliated staff interested in learning about IRB review of research. This session will include how to submit for renewal of an already approved expedited or full board research study. The session will include a discussion of the continuation process, how to complete the forms, what documents are required for the submission, and how to determine if expedited review is permissible. When: Tuesday, October 07, 2014, 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Where: WSU Medical Campus, Scott Hall, Room 1358 Speaker: Ray-Nitra Pugh, Education Coordinator, IRB Administration Office
- IRB Training Session: Requirements for Closing a Research Study with the IRB
- October 21 2014 at 10:00 AMIRB Administration OfficeLearn the criteria for when you can close a study and what private identifiable information/specimens can be kept. Learn how to successfully complete the Closure form for your study. When: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 10:00 am – 11:00 am Where: : WSU IRB Administration Office, 87 East Canfield, 2nd Floor, Conference Room, Speaker: Gayle Kusch, Senior Director, Compliance, Office of the Vice President of Research
- More Events