Click here... to join the IRB listserv and receive occasional announcements about changes to forms, policies and training opportunities.
We follow the WSU main campus holiday schedule and emergency closures.
Federal Wide Assurance
Wayne State University operates its Human Research Protection Program under a Federal Wide Assurance (FWA) on file with the Office for Human Research Protection with identification number: FWA 00002460. This registration can be accessed by typing in "Wayne State U" at this website: http://ohrp.cit.nih.gov/search/fwasearch.aspx?styp=bsc.
Individually Registered IRB Committee Numbers:
IRB00006856 is for PH1- Medical
IRB00000325 is for M1- Medical adult
IRB00000326 is for MP2- Medical and Pediatric
IRB00000327 is for B3- Social, Behavioral, Education, and
IRB00000328 is for MP4- Medical and Pediatric
This FWA covers the WSU IRBs and its affiliated health care institutions (Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Receiving Hospital/University Health Center, Sinai-Grace Hospital, Harper University Hospital, Huron Valley/Sinai Hospital, Hutzel Women's Hospital, Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan, John D. Dingell Veterans Administration Medical Center, Michigan Orthopedic Surgery Hospital, and Oakwood Healthcare System).
For questions, concerns or suggestions regarding the Human Research Protection Program, please call (313) 577-1628.
- IRB Training Session: Meeting HIPAA Requirements in Research
- March 12 2014 at 1:00 PMIRB Administration OfficeThis seminar will cover Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements for research that goes through the Wayne State University Institutional Review Board (IRB). Topics will include obtaining written HIPAA Authorization, Waiver of HIPAA Authorization, Limited Data Sets, screening medical records and HIPAA requirements for recruitment When: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Where: IRB Administration Office, 87 East Canfield, 2nd Floor, Conference Room Speaker: Corey Zolondek, PhD, IRB Review Specialist & Research Subject Advocate, Research Compliance
- IRB Training Session: Informed Consent Process, Options and Documentation
- March 20 2014 at 11:00 AMScott HallInformed consent is a paramount part of ethical human participant research. Learn about the required and optional elements in an informed consent document, the circumstances when the consent process and documentation can be altered or waived, and other consent options used in research. When: Thursday, March 20, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Where: WSU School of Medicine, Scott Hall, Room 1140 Speaker: Ray-Nitra Pugh, Education Coordinator, IRB Administration Office
- IRB Training Webinar Session: Identifying and Submitting Unexpected Problem Reports to the IRB
- March 26 2014 at 9:00 AMYour Desk - WebinarThis training session will focus on the definitions of unexpected problems that can occur in human research and situations when reporting them to the IRB would be warranted. The forms and requirements for submission of these events will be reviewed. When: Wednesday March 26, 2014, 9:00 am – 10:00 am Where: At your desk, a link to access webinar will be sent after registration. Speaker: Ray-Nitra Pugh, Education Coordinator, IRB Administration Office
- More Events