Click here... to join the IRB listserv and receive occasional announcements about changes to forms, policies and training opportunities.
We follow the WSU main campus holiday schedule and emergency closures.
Federal Wide Assurance
Wayne State University operates its Human Research Protection Program under a Federal Wide Assurance (FWA) on file with the Office for Human Research Protection with identification number: FWA 00002460. This registration can be accessed by typing in "Wayne State U" at this website: http://ohrp.cit.nih.gov/search/fwasearch.aspx?styp=bsc.
Individually Registered IRB Committee Numbers:
IRB00006856 is for PH1- Medical
IRB00000325 is for M1- Medical adult
IRB00000326 is for MP2- Medical and Pediatric
IRB00000327 is for B3- Social, Behavioral, Education, and
IRB00000328 is for MP4- Medical and Pediatric
This FWA covers the WSU IRBs and its affiliated health care institutions (Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Receiving Hospital/University Health Center, Sinai-Grace Hospital, Harper University Hospital, Huron Valley/Sinai Hospital, Hutzel Women's Hospital, Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan, John D. Dingell Veterans Administration Medical Center, Michigan Orthopedic Surgery Hospital, and Oakwood Healthcare System).
For questions, concerns or suggestions regarding the Human Research Protection Program, please call (313) 577-1628.
- IRB Training Session: Requirements for Closing a Research Study with the IRB
- October 21 2014 at 10:00 AMIRB Administration OfficeLearn the criteria for when you can close a study and what private identifiable information/specimens can be kept. Learn how to successfully complete the Closure form for your study. When: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 10:00 am – 11:00 am Where: : WSU IRB Administration Office, 87 East Canfield, 2nd Floor, Conference Room, Speaker: Gayle Kusch, Senior Director, Compliance, Office of the Vice President of Research
- External IRB Requests - Common Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- October 21 2014 at 2:00 PMIRB Administration OfficeResearchers and Research staff submitting to external IRBs are invited to attend this session. Some industry sponsored clinical trials and National Cancer Institute sponsored research may qualify for review through an external IRB (WIRB, CIRB, and UIRB). Research that will be reviewed by an external IRB must first meet Wayne State's institutional and regulatory requirements (Financial Conflict of Interest, Biosafety, and HIPAA) prior to submitting to the external IRB. This seminar will discuss common issues that delay requests for use of an external Institutional Review Board (IRB) by Wayne State researchers. Topics will include: Wayne State requirements for requests to use an external IRB, HIPAA research requirements, and an overview of common issues with requests for external IRB review. Speakers: Corey Zolondek, PhD, IRB Operations Manager and Ginette Borovicka, Manager, Research Compliance
- PAD Seminar: Connecting with Research Cores
- October 23 2014 at 1:00 PMScott HallThe offices of the Vice President for Research, Provost, and Faculty Affairs (School of Medicine) are pleased to offer the Professional and Academic Development seminar series for WSU faculty, chairs & directors, postdoctoral trainees & graduate students, and administrators. Seminars are free, but registration is required. This seminar, Connecting with Research Cores, will take place Thursday, October 23, 2014, 1-2:30 p.m. at the Margherio Conference Center, Mazurek Education Commons, School of Medicine. At the seminar, representatives will be available at tables for discussion and information regarding university cores and research groups. We hope to see you there!
- IRB Training Session: Confidentiality, Storage and Protection of Research Data
- October 27 2014 at 3:00 PMWebinar - Your DeskIRB Training Sessions are open to all students, faculty and affiliated staff interested in learning about IRB review of research. This IRB training session will cover different types of research data, appropriate storage of data and the regulatory requirements to address how the confidentiality participant data will be maintained and protected. When: Monday , October 27, 2014, 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Where: Your Desk – Webinar Presentation Online, link will be sent when you RSVP Speaker: Ray-Nitra Pugh, Education Coordinator, IRB Administration Office
- PAD Seminar - Developing a Budget for Your Grant Proposals
- November 13 2014 at 1:00 PM5057 WoodwardThe offices of the Vice President for Research, Provost, and Faculty Affairs (School of Medicine) are pleased to offer the Professional and Academic Development seminar series for WSU faculty, chairs & directors, postdoctoral trainees & graduate students, and administrators. Seminars are free, but registration is required. This seminar, Developing a Budget for Your Grant Proposals, will take place Thursday, November 13, 2014, 1-2:30 p.m. at 5057 Woodward, 6th Floor, Conference Room A. The moderator will be Gail Ryan, Assistant Vice President for Sponsored Program Administration. Although PAD seminars will no longer be recorded due to low viewing activity, please see past seminar videos and handouts on the PAD website. If you have questions about this seminar series, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you at this informative PAD session!
- More Events